YOUTUBE TAKEOFF Quick-Start
How to Start a Channel with a Growth Trajectory
Learn how to grow your YouTube channel to attract visitors to your blog, increase your mailing list, and expand your revenue!
YouTube can exponentially grow your blog and business.
In November 2018, I attended a conference and a Google representative said that by 2023, more than 80% of the Internet's traffic would be VIDEO. This figure shocked me and I knew I had to start creating video content. I did not want my blog to get left behind. So in December 2018, I decided to get serious about creating quality video and growing my YouTube channel, which I had opened when I started my blog but had languished alone and forgotten. In nine months, I created and released 60 videos on my channel, increasing my subscribers to 100k, my YouTube ad income to $2500/month, and my monthly watch time to 4 million minutes.
More importantly, that now-active YouTube channel increased my blog traffic and my income. Between December 2018 and June 2019, my blog pageviews tripled and my income increased five-fold. YouTube was drawing new people to me that I wasn't able to reach otherwise, and I was adding them to the fold by getting them onto my mailing list.
I can teach you how to grow your YouTube channel so that it gets seen and attracts people to your blog, too! This step-by-step quick start course teaches you the importance of creating a YouTube channel, how to pick the right niche and keyword that will attract people, how to plan your channel for growth with formats and conversion goals, and how to create videos that attract and resonate.
- Why Make a YouTube Channel? (Video + Transcript)
- My Journey to 100k Subscribers in Less Than a Year (Video + Transcript)
- YouTube Resources and Links (Text)
- YouTube Best Practices: My Best Tips & Tricks (Text + Graphics)
STEP 1: Pick a Niche/Keyword to Start (and Why That Is So Important)
- The Power of a Niche (Video + Transcript)
- Naming Your Channel (Text + Graphics)
- IN ACTION: Picking a Niche (Text + Graphics)
- Channel Creation Worksheet (PDF)
- How to Create Your Channel (Text + Graphics)
- Research Your Niche (Video + Transcript)
- Pick the Best Format For Your Niche (Text + Graphics)
- Choose a Conversion Goal (Text + Graphics)
- IN ACTION: Planning a Channel (Text + Graphics)
- Channel Research Worksheet (PDF)
- Your First Video (Video + Transcript)
- How to Make Videos People Enjoy: What to Do, What to Avoid (Text + Graphics)
- How to Make Your First Simple Video (Video + Transcript)
- Video File Formats, Filenames, Captions, and More! (Text + Graphics)
- How to Upload Your Videos (Video + Transcript)
- IN ACTION: Creating Videos for the JenniferMaker Channel (Text + Graphics)
- Video Process Checklist (PDF)
Jennifer Marx is a graphic designer, author, and instructor with 25 years of experience who LOVES to teach and inspire others to transform their lives into something they love. She is the founder of the popular JenniferMaker.com DIY & Craft blog, where she shares her many designs and tutorials with the world. She is also the author of more than 60 print books on computers and travel, including a little book on making paper flowers.